The racing club was formed in 1991 and held its first unregistered meeting a year later.
The first registered meeting was in June 1994 and was attended by a very large crowd of about 2000 people.
The town is largely a younger community with many children in its population of about 4,000 people as at 2001. There is little or nil unemployment in the community and the future of the area is very exciting with more ore discoveries imminent.
The Club's vision is to ensure a long-term sustainable annual race meeting to:
- Establish a unique race meeting that becomes a major event on the State's social calendar
- Provide an entertaining and enjoyable day for patrons/community of Roxby Downs
The town provides infrastructure to the huge Western Mining Company operations at Olympic Dam and was established in 1986. The mine has vast reserves of copper, gold, uranium and silver.
- Track Circumference: 1500m
- Length of Straight: 320m
- Character: Dirt Surface
- Field Limits: 12 all races
- Meetings Per Year: 1 Non-TAB Meeting a year
Contact Roxby Downs
0467 773 001
PO Box 500
Roxby Downs, 5725
Rate this photo...