2010 Industry Awards
In 2010, the Thoroughbred Racing Industry Awards were combined with the presentation of the Hall of Fame inductees at a gala lunch at Morphettville Racecourse on Sunday 22 August 2010.
Celebrating the history of racing, the lunch paid tribute to the contribution the 25 metropolitan, provincial and country clubs - and their staff and volunteers - have made to the industry over the years.
Legends past and present were honoured during the three course lunch in the Panasonic Pavilion that was hosted by Channel 10's Mark Aiston and race caller Terry McAuliffe who gave interesting insights into the lives of each award winner.
Award winners included:
- Mark Kavanagh: CS Hayes Award for 2009/10 South Australian Trainer of the Year
- Chad Lever: Glennon–Johnson Award for 2009/10 South Australian Metropolitan Jockey of the Year
- Libby Hopwood: Leon Macdonald Award for2009/10 South Australian Apprentice of the Year
- Majestic Music: Festival Hire 2009/10 South Australian Champion Racehorse of the Year
For a full list of award winners, please click here.
The day also honoured four new inductees into the South Australian Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame:
- Horse: Dulcify
- Jockey: Roy 'Mick' Medhurst
- Trainer: George Hanlon
- Associate: Brown Family
For more information on the Hall of Fame, please click here.