CADET STEWARD - THOROUGHBRED RACING SA
Thoroughbred Racing SA Limited (TRSA) is the Principal Racing Authority under the Rules of Racing and administers and regulates thoroughbred horse racing in South Australia. TRSA seeks applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of a Cadet Steward. This is an entry level position and affords the successful candidate an opportunity to join a dedicated team within a progressive racing environment.
Reporting to the Chairman of Stewards, the key responsibilities of the position are:
- Assist in the administration and regulation of thoroughbred racing in South Australia in accordance with the Rules of Racing, relevant legislation and directions from the Board and/or Management;
- Assist in the management of the supervision and control of thoroughbred race meetings and official trials conducted in South Australia;
- Attend track work sessions and approval to race jump-outs at training venues;
- Conduct track and stable inspections;
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
The position will require work outside normal business hours, including weekends and public holidays and some intrastate travel.
Key skills, experience and qualifications:
The successful applicant will demonstrate/provide proof of, the following -
- A desire to be involved in the regulation of the thoroughbred racing industry in South Australia.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Sound computer literacy skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to understand and interpret the rules of racing.
- A current driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Well-developed time management, self-management and organisational skills.
A general knowledge of the thoroughbred racing industry and knowledge/understanding of legal proceedings would be considered an advantage.
Short listed applicants will undergo a probity check. The provision of disclosure statements will also be required.
The successful applicant will be provided a remuneration package commensurate to their relevant experience.
All applications and inquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence and should be directed to –
Deputy Chairman of Stewards
Thoroughbred Racing SA Limited
GPO Box 2646
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8179 9837