Thoroughbred Racing SA (TRSA) is pleased to advise that clubs can welcome back crowds to the races, complying with the conditions and maximum crowd numbers listed in their respective COVID-Safe Plans.
As was previously the case, patrons, members and owners are required to be separated from industry participants, with cross-over in or out of the restricted racing areas – including mounting yard, horse stalls, etc. – not permitted at any time on race days.
The following highlights are requirements for clubs to operate with patrons on course:
- 1 person per 4 square metres for indoor areas.
- 1 person per 2 square metres for outdoor areas.
- Indoor public meetings are permitted (i.e. AGMs).
- On-site purchase and consumption of food or beverages is permitted at a place if:
- Food and beverages are only consumed by patrons at an indoor place while seated (snack or hand-held food or alcoholic beverages can be consumed standing outdoors while attending sport).
- No communal food or beverage service areas.
QR codes for contact tracing:
- All racing clubs with a COVID-Safe Plan will display a COVIDSafeCheckIn QR Code, and also provide an alternate paper record sheet, for contact tracing records.
- All patrons and industry participants and workers are required to “check in”, however paper-based contact tracing is also required to be provided.
Please note that there are still to be no attendees (e.g. owners, members, patrons etc.) outside of the essential workers and racing personnel for training activities, including trackwork, jump-outs and trials, at this stage. This will continue to be monitored and updated accordingly.
TRSA recommends that you contact clubs directly to confirm that they are welcoming members, owners and patrons back to the track at their race meetings as the maximum attendance will vary for each venue, as dictated by their respective COVID-Safe Plans. Click here for a list of clubs.
Wednesday 2 December - Gawler and Barossa Jockey Club
Friday 4 December - Penola Racing Club
Saturday 5 December - Morphettville
Sunday 6 December - Murray Bridge Race Club