Murray Bridge Racing Club
EMIRATES MELBOURNE CUP TOUR & GOLF DAY FUNDRAISER
SUNDAY 10 SEPTEMBER
Murray Bridge will join racing history when it plays host to the iconic 18-carat gold Emirates Melbourne Cup on Sunday 10th September 2017 as part of the 15th annual Emirates Melbourne Cup tour. Along with the iconic Cup's community tour, the Racing Club is also running an Ambrose Competition Golf Day with all profits from the day going to "King Grooves Fundraiser" which will support Tyler Grove and the Grove family through their battle with cancer.
During the Golf Day presentations, the Murray Bridge Racing Club Chairman, Reg Nolan, will officially launch the Murray Bridge GOLD CUP to be held on Friday 20th October 2017.
Reg Nolan will also present an update of the new Gifford Hill development.
Emirates Melbourne Cup Tour
* The iconic 18-carat gold 2017 Emirates Melbourne Cup will arrive at the Murray Bridge Golf Course at approximately 3pm
* Hold the Cup by making a gold coin donation - all donations go directly to the "King Grooves Fundraiser"
* Have your photo taken with the Cup and follow @FlemingtonVRC on Instagram
* Upload the photo to Instagram tagging #EmiratesMelbourneCup & #Peoples Cup
One entrant from each tour destination will win a Myer gift card valued at $100.
All winners will go into the draw to win a trip for two to the 2017 Emirates Melbourne Cup.
For further details firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ambrose competition
* Shotgun start at 12pm
* $35 per player, or choose to pay $50 and the extra $15 goes directly to the "King Grooves Fundraiser"
* Pre-game sausage sizzle
* Presentation of prizes and complimentary BBQ at approximately 4pm
* Refreshments and snacks available to purchase during the game
Entry forms available from Grandisons, Dutton's at the lights or download one here
For more information call Garry March on 0407 322 534 or Kym Thomas on 0459 213 538 or email@example.com
There's nothing like a raceday for every occasion.
Murray Bridge Racing Club has a range of different events and races to suit every mood and occasion.
- Prestige of the $100,000 Murray Bridge Gold Cup
- Family social event of the year with the Christmas Cup Raceday held on the first Sunday of December
- Australia Day Race Day which is a celebration of this great southern land and the lifestyle we all enjoy.
Murray Bridge racecourse is situated 78km from Adelaide, approximately 45minutes down the SE Freeway. With a large undercover betting ring, fine cafeteria, numerous bars, pleasant lawned surrounds and trees for shade, patrons are made to feel very welcome on race day.
There's nothing like a day at The Races.
Murray Bridge Racing Club was established in 1899, and held its first race meeting at its current location on Maurice Road on July 25th 1914 . The Murray Bridge Racecourse is situated within 3 kms of the luscious banks of the Murray River.
Murray Bridge Equine and Village Development
Work has not only commenced but is progressing rapidly on the Raceday Stalls at Gifford Hill. These Raceday Stalls will be the first undercover stalls in South Australia.
It is the Club's intention to commence having Barrier Trials at the new Gifford Hill Racecourse by autumn 2017.
In May 2005 the Murray Bridge Racing Club announced plans for relocation of it facilities to a new site. The concept plan included an equine precinct which would surround a world's best practice training facility. The precinct would include various services which would enhance the development.
Thoroughbred Racing SA signed an innovative agreement with the Murray Bridge Racing Club (MBRC) in 2008 to facilitate the next stage in the Club’s plans for a multi-million dollar racecourse, training facility and equine precinct along with a residential development – now known as Gifford Hill.
For a preview of the concept plans click here.
The development is located approximately 50 minutes drive from the Adelaide CBD. The MBRC has negotiated the support of the SA Government, the thoroughbred racing industry and the local community for the rezoning of land consistent with the Government’s 30 year Growth Plan, to accommodate residential, local retail and community centres, equine commercial, recreation and open space areas, all integrated with the proposed new racecourse and thoroughbred training centre.
|Club Polo Shirts||$30.00|
|Club Stubby Holders||$8.00|
|Club Logo Etched Wine Glasses||$5.00|
To order please email or telephone the Office:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 8532 2310.
Gifford Hill Racecourse
Trainer Allotments Now Selling.
Register your interest!
- Up to 60 equine community title allotments available for owners to live and train horses
- Average allotment size approximately 5000m2
- Pricing for the allotments range from the low to mid $200’000’s subject to the size of the allotment
To register your interest or for more information please sign up to the Gilford Hill Racecourse Development mailing list: