Unique opportunity to race a tried horse and help raise funds for areas and communities impacted by the recent SA bushfires.
Clarken Racing is proud to offer a 6-month all inclusive ownership package in 6YO gelding “High Mist” with proceeds from the share purchase and all prize-money earned evenly distributed between the owners and the Thoroughbred Racing SA Bushfire Appeal.
William will be donating 6 months of his training fees and 100% of his prize-money percentage directly to the appeal.
In recent years Will Clarken has built a reputation on successfully placing older horses to great advantage in SA.
Horses such as Mio Dio, Steel Frost, Cavaloce as well as current stable stars Parsifal and Bella Vella have all enjoyed plentiful successes after joining Clarken Racing from their previous trainers.
As a passionate South Australian who has great memories of Kangaroo Island and Oakbank Carnivals as both a jockey and a trainer, Will intends to take High Mist on a racing campaign including these affected areas.
High Mist is a 6 year old gelding by top sire High Chaparral.
Formerly trained in Sydney, he is a winner of 5 races and over $290,000 in prize-money. At his best, High Mist displayed significant racing ability and is a multiple winner on Sydney metropolitan tracks.
In more recent times he has found it harder to win but has still been competitive while racing almost exclusively in Sydney metropolitan grade. As a result, his official rating has dropped to 60, which will allow Will to place him in SA in both Adelaide and country areas.
High Mist is a versatile horse who has shown he can race well over a variety of distances and track surfaces and has had a short freshen since his last start in January. This will bode him well for a racing preparation to be kicked off at the Kangaroo Island Racing Carnival.
Will feels this horse is highly suitable for prospective owners to enjoy racing in various areas of SA while also hopefully raising money for the SA Bushfire Appeal via a share of his prize-money won.
20 x 5% shares are available at $2500 each (incl. GST), which will entitle you to:
- The purchase of the share in High Mist, 6 months training fees,12 months insurance (partially refunded after 6 months) and all regular provisions made to Clarken Racing Owners.
- A breakfast at the Morphettville trials on Thursday 13th of February to watch High Mist in action as he readies for his run at KI.
- 50% of all prize-money earned in the 6 month period.
- A potential return on initial investment after the 6 month period when High Mist will be dispersed through an online auction with the proceeds being returned to the shareholders- all owners wishing to carry on with the horse will be given the opportunity to buy back into the horse through the auction.
- On going veterinary expenses will be generously provided by Horsemed SA.
- All race nomination, acceptance fees (etc.) covered by TRSA Donation Breakdown (incl. GST):
Of the $50,000 raised from the sale of shares in High Mist, $30,607.50 will cover purchase of the horse (27,500), 12 months insurance ($1996.50) and transport to South Australia ($1111).
The remaining $18,354 (after GST has been paid), with an additional personal contribution from Will of $1646 will enable an immediate donation of $20,000 to the TRSA Bushfire Appeal. In addition 50% of prize money and 100% of Will’s trainer’s percentage earned by High Mist during the 6 month period will be donated to the Appeal.
To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org without hesitation.